3/13/14

I'm mildly addicted to green smoothies

Who knew you could throw spinach or kale in your protein shakes and it would be healthier and not taste funny? 

Apparently half of the world, but I was late to the party so sue me!

I am obsessed with all things green right now! Kale, Spinach, doesn't matter to me... I am in.

Here are my 3 favorite green protein smoothies right now and their nutritional breakdown. Please keep in mind, these are not low in calories, I drink them as a meal replacement or after a long work out. Also any where you see vanilla protein powder, I was using a single scoop of Muscle Milk Vanilla.

Pineapple Cherry Green Smoothie
1 cup frozen cherries ( I buy them in bulk during the summer and freeze them for winter when produce sucks)
6 chunks frozen pineapple
1-2 cups spinach
Vanilla protein powder
Water to blend


The Healthy PiƱa Colada

Calories got cut out of photo- it's 242 cal

6 chunks frozen pineapple
1 cup frozen mango
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup spinach or kale
2 tbs sugar free coconut syrup ( I got this brand at World Market)
Water to blend

The Very Berry Smoothie


This one is 300 calories- again meal replacement- not a snack

1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen cherries
1 cup spinach
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Water to blend


**** note on the blender.
If you are going to make smoothies often, invest in a good blender, it makes life so much easier!

I use a Ninja Blender. I got it at Walmart for $99 and it came with individual travel cups to blend your smoothie in and take it with you on the go. I cannot sing the Ninja's praises enough.
 
Here is a link to the exact blender I have. Of course I would find it 30% cheaper after I already own it.
 

 

Happy Blending!!!

Xoxoxo 
A





No comments:

Post a Comment