4/21/13

What's in my fridge- Sunday Prep Day


I have been fighting bronchitis again and I think my allergies are to blame... Stupid pink blooming trees. Since I am sick, I haven't been able to work out, which blows, but it also means what I eat is extra important.

Here's what is on the menu for me this week.


This is everything I bought to eat this week. You will find I buy a lot of this stuff at Costco. Our family of 3.5 (Jackson doesn't really count yet) can easily eat fruits and veggies in bulk, but if you are the only person eating it, you are blowing money if you buy it in bulk and it goes to waste. C- means Costco, W- Whole Foods, G- Giant Eagle

Veggies
Corn on the Cob- C
Organic Lettuce- W
Celery- C
Tri Color Peppers- W
Asparagus- C
Carrots- C

Fruit
Bananas- C
Apples- C
Plums- C
Kiwi-C
Pineapple- C
Lemons- C

Everything Else-
Protein Powder- for daily shakes. Watch the sugar content in any that you buy!( I like Pro Complete One V    Core in Fudge Caramel)
So delicious Sugar free Almond + Milk- W
Fresh Ground Peanut Butter- W
Low Fat Cottage Cheese- G (I used to eat light yogurt, till I realized the amount of sugar it had)
Tuna in water- G
Eggs- G
Multi Grain 100 Calorie English Muffin- G (The only "bread" I still eat- Yummy, high fiber, lo cal )
Skinny Pop Popcorn- C- OMG Have you tried this?! Amazing 39 calories per cup, all natural, 3 ingredients)
Frozen Marinated Salmon Filets- C
Shrimp Cocktail- C- Im obsessed with this right now.

Always in my fridge/pantry (but didn't need to buy this week)
Chicken Breast
Walnuts
Pistachios
Low Fat String Cheese
Hummus

My food prep this week was easy. I really just loaded up my fridge with produce, brewed some coffee so it would be cold and ready in the fridge for protein shakes and made my favorite Tuna Salad to eat this week (recipe is below)

Make it a great week!!

My Tuna Salad
2 Hard Boiled Eggs chopped
2 Cans of Tuna in water- drained (do yourself a favor, get the good stuff- not the cheapest can you can find)
1 cup chopped celery
3 Tbs Dill Relish
3 tsp Yellow Mustard
2 Tbs Hellmanns light mayo

Mix and chill for 2 hours before serving.
1/2 cup serving- 99 calories, 4g fat, 4 carbs, 11g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment