4/17/13

So I ate a potato...


I have promised to start posting my recipes and meals to give everyone ideas on what I am eating exactly... and I will... in a second. First, I have a confession. I ate a potato for dinner. I feel like I did something horrible, but I had reasons. Normally I don't eat carbs at all after lunch... and its rarely something as nutritionally void as a potato. But today we had a meeting at work and there were potato chips and I realized I really wanted some ruffles bad, like take the bag and hide in a room and scarf them all down, bad. I didn't- mainly because there were people near the bag who would have noticed me running out the room with them. It was so hard though. So for dinner I made two small red skin potatoes and ate them joyously. It may not have been that great for me, but it wasn't the ruffles bag full of shame.

Okay on to my meal plans. Today, aside from the potato, I feel like I ate great. I was super full all day. I had 94 g of protein, 25 grams of fiber, and only 6g of saturated fat. As of now I am at 1100 calories, but I will eat some sort of snack before bed to make it closer to 1300.

Okay so for breakfast I had a protein shake.


I love my morning protein shake!!
My recipe is
12 oz- Unsweetened Almond Milk (I use "So Delicious Almond +" because it has 5g protein)
 1 scoop protein powder (I use Pro Complete One V- Core in Fudge Caramel)
and 1 cup cold coffee (Brew it the night before, stick in the fridge)

It tastes like a frappuccinno! LOVE!

For Lunch I had a random plate of yummy stuff


On the plate is 3 oz grilled chicken (make it on Sunday, eat it all week)
Baby Carrots, Cucumbers and Raw Zucchini dipped in hummus (Sabra singles at Costco- OMG!!!)
Half a Kiwi and 1 cup of Seedless Grapes
Tasted great! Like summer on a plate.



My husband was pumped to see red meat!

I cooked the potatoes in the microwave (5 minutes wrapped in a wet paper towel) then I sprinkled rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper on them and a small squirt of olive oil from my pampered chef oil atomizer.

The zucchini was sauteed over medium heat with just two small squirts of olive oil and garlic and salt. I could have eaten 3 servings

Lastly the grass fed beef- Broiled in the oven- 6 minute per side on low then 2 minutes per side on high (they were super thick) I used Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and Lawry's seasoned salt on it while they cooked.

I had lowfat string cheese for a snack today and I will probably eat celery and all natural peanut butter as soon as I am done posting this.

Hope this gave you ideas :)
I promise to get better with posting yummy food ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment