4/4/13

Addicted


I feel like I should introduce myself to the people who dont know me like I am at a 12 step meeting. "Hi, I'm Amanda. I am addicted to carbs."  That's how weight loss blogs are supposed to start, right? But in all fairness that isn't me.

I'm Amanda.
I'm addicted to my kids. I've got a 6 month old and an 8 year old, both boys.
I'm addicted to my husband. We are coming up on 10 years of marriage.
I'm addicted to my career. I am with a Fortune 200 company as a State Operations Coordinator.
I'm addicted to high heels and Coach handbags.
That's me.

All of those addictions above have put me in the situation I am in now. I'm 33, I'm overweight, and I'm not happy with the way I look or feel.

My job kicks my butt daily... and most of the time because of that, I am too tired to even think about preparing dinner. So fast food or takeout it is. Oh, did I mention I am a stress eater?

My family keeps me busy and I care most about taking care of them... I could care less about taking care of myself.

 How do shoes and handbags play into being overweight? They are comforting. No matter how heavy I get, no matter what pants wont button, they still fit. So I buy them, a lot of them.

In January of 2013, I decided I needed to change my life. Why? I wish it was something of major importance; to live longer for my kids, to get to spend more years with my husband, so I am not so exhausted after at work.

Don't get me wrong, those things matter. But this is happening because for once in my life I decided to be vain. I want to look good. I'm gonna be spending a week in the tropics with my coworkers in Jan 2014 and I want to look good in my bathing suit. Mostly, I hate fat girl clothes, and I hate having to shop in the "Womens" section, barf.  I wanna be able to shop where ever I want.

So I'm here. 60 days into changing my body. I am down 17.5lbs. Why the blog now? Today, 5 separate people have asked me what I am doing to lose the weight. So I started it. The people who want to follow my journey to learn from my success (and probably more often than not, my mistakes), can... and if you are already skinny you don't have to hear me preach it on Facebook.

Oh- and the title of my blog- Healthy girl trapped.... Originally, I was thinking "Skinny girl trapped in a fat girls body"... but its most important to me that I stress I am being super healthy about this. No fad diet or miracle pills here. Healthy.

I am a healthy girl trapped... with awesome addictions that have caused unhealthy habits.

I have a feeling that some of you are healthy girls trapped too- whether its in a fat body, or a situation you don't wanna be in. This is for you, and I hope this blog gives you an outlet- because a healthy weight loss journey can be a lonely place. Lonely sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment