8/21/13

Hawaiian Turkey Burgers

Dinner tonight- Ahhhhmazing!
It was high protein, low fat--- best of all my über picky kid ate it!

I promised the recipe-- here it is!

Hawaiian turkey burger

1.25 lbs ground turkey
1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs or a non gluten variation of
1/4 cup pineapple juice
8 or 9 shredded baby carrots (yeah I'm hiding veggies so sue me)
Grated onion to taste ( I don't like onion so I didn't use a lot)
Garlic salt (tsp)
Ground ginger (tsp)

Put all that in a bowl and mix well! Patty them up!!!Makes 5, 1/4 pound precook weight burgers



Here's the best part- while cooking baste the burgers with a few tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. It caramelizes on the out side and keeps the burger really moist.

Also during cooking, grill up pineapple slices. I didn't have slices so I sautéed pineapple, a little teriyaki, and cinnamon in a pan.

Once burgers are cooked through plate it up!!

I ate mine with no bun- my hubby ate it with... It was so tasty and really filling! 

 

Have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment